Friday, June 25, 2010

ASK the Beauty Guru

CozyCot's resident beauty expert answers your pressing questions about how to look good. Email her at beautyguru@cozycot.com. Q I'm going to a formal event, and the only shoes I have are open-toed heels from my best friend. How do I give myself a proper pedicure? I don't want to spend $50 just for one night! A A foolproof way of doing your toenails is simple: 1 In the bath or shower, brush toes with water and soap, then use a file to unearth dirt lodged on the sides. 2 Slip a toe separator between your toes. 3 Select a nude or skin-toned shade and paint from the nail bed upwards toward the tips of the toes. When you use a lighter-shade, as opposed to dark or red polish, your mistakes will be less obvious. And if you're truly lazy, heed the advice of a former colleague who painted only the nails that were going to be showing through her shoes. Q Is there a way I can grow my hair faster? My fiancé and I moved our wedding six months earlier, and I've always wanted to walk down the aisle with long curls and a flower in my hair. A An old wives' tale claims that by washing your locks more often, your hair will grow faster. Unfortunately, neither that nor any of the hair growth products at the chemists have been scientifically proven to accelerate the process. Hair grows at a rate of about one-half inch a month. Talk to your hairdresser about giving you hair extensions for instant length on your wedding day. Celebrities like Paris Hilton, Hilary Swank and Gwen Stefani have used hair extensions to look more glamorous on the red carpet. Q I can't be bothered to wear sunblock. I feel it's just another product I have to apply after moisturizer, foundation and blusher. What's a good product th at let's me do all the above? A Medium Sheer Tint Moisture with SPF15 does three things in one go: it hydrates your skin, provides full spectrum sun protection and gives your complexion a sheer wash of colour that's perfect for daytime wear.

No comments: